Cincinnati State provides student-focused, accessible, quality technical and general education, academic transfer, experiential and cooperative education, and workforce development. Our end in mind is for students to complete degrees and certificates that lead them to career and personal success.
Please note: Cincinnati State has a limited number of graduates looking for positions after graduation. Our students tend to make connections to employment before graduation through our experiential education programs such as Co-op, clinicals and practicums.
Our students in their Our students in their first year of classes seek employment that will work around their schedules and offer flexibility to help them achieve their academic/professional goals.
Cincinnati State is committed to Cooperative Education. A Co-op student earns academic credit while getting paid for real-world work experience. It is a partnership between academia and industry. If you are interested in hiring Co-op students, you are assigned a Co-op Coordinator to partner with your organization and assist in student placement. If you would like to learn more about Co-op, please visit our Co-op page for more details.
What we mean by Co-op is paid work experience in the student’s program of study. Some may call that an internship.
Job Postings – CState CareerLink
CState CareerLink is an online system that connects Cincinnati State students and graduates to employment opportunities.
How Jobs Are Defined in Our System
- Part-time (non-degree specific)
- Co-op (full-time or part-time paid employment in the student’s field of study, which may or may not lead to a permanent position)
- Internship (full-time or part-time unpaid employment in the student’s field of study, which may or may not lead to a permanent position. Must meet Department of Labor standards.) Most of our students co-op, so we have very limited students seeking internships.
- Temporary (non-degree specific)
- Full-time (non-degree specific)
- Full-time (Degree specific, must have degree completed)
To register for access to CState CareerLink:
- Visit http://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/employers and select “Register.”
- You’ll receive an email message, usually within 24 hours, letting you know your registration is pending. We’ll get in touch if there are any problems.
- When your registration is approved, you’ll receive a welcome email with your username and password.
- Your approved registration allows you to view resumes, post job opportunities, and meet the Co-op Coordinator who will be your primary contact.
To post a job:
- Visit CState CareerLink at http://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/employers
- Enter your username and password and choose “Sign In.” Next you’ll see your home page.
- Choose “Jobs” from the top menu bar, and click “Add New.”
- Complete the New Job form and click “Submit.”
- You’ll receive an email message, usually within 24 hours, letting you know your job posting is pending approval.
- When your job posting is approved, you’ll receive email notification. You’ll also receive reminder email when your job posting is expiring.
Information Tables or Virtual Information Sessions
Information tables and information sessions are a great way to brand your company to students on campus. We encourage you to give us at least a two week notice/lead-time to allow target marketing of the company/positions.
Information Tables will be available on the Cincinnati State Clifton campus Tuesdays – Thursdays between 11:00 – 1:00 PM. Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. Employers will only be able to set up one day per week. These will not take place in the summer semester.
Spring 2024 dates are available:
- February 6
- February 7
- February 13
- February 14
- March 19
- March 20
- April 2
- April 3
Once approved you will receive a confirmation.
Virtual Information Sessions – these 30-minute sessions allow you to present information to students about your company and positions you are hiring. We also like to record these sessions for students who are unable to attend at the time of the session. Recommended times are in the afternoon between Noon – 5.
If you are interested, please complete the following form.
Career Center Staff